Wednesday, March 9, 2016

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars

Three ingredients is all it takes to whip up these no-bake peanut butter oat bars. THREE INGREDIENTS! Now we are talking. I am always trying to find (and perfect) a granola bar for my hubby. I've tried and tried again only for them to be too crunchy, too soft, or crumble apart. That or they take a million ingredients and who wants to buy all of that. Not me. There are a few store bought bars we love, but I just can't give up hope on making one at home. I am determined to make one that is easy, delicious and husband approved.

I can't recall if I saw one of my fellow food bloggers post about these bars or if I saw it on Pinterest. Probably both. Who knows. Nevertheless, I knew I needed to try them. I had everything I needed and home and I did not need to turn on the oven. Double win. For these super easy, no-bake bars, you'll simply need honey, peanut butter and oats. Three ingredients. That's it. Nothing fancy here and no need for me to go out and get oodles of ingredients (one of the recipes I tried called for brown rice syrup and I had to go on a wild goose chase to find it!). You simple heat up the peanut butter and honey on the stove (or slowly in the microwave) until you can mix it all together and it is nice and smooth. You don't have to heat it up, but trust me, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to stir when you add in those oats. Once the pb and honey mixture is all ready to go, stir in the oats until they are all nice and coated. Then, just simply plop the oat mixture into a lined pan (I used non-stick foil), press it down and let rest to cool. You can speed up this process by placing the pan in the fridge. I usually do this because I am impatient. Just ask my husband.

Once the bars are ready to go, cut them up and enjoy! You can keep them in the fridge if you like them firmer or you can keep them out if you like them softer. Either way, they are just as good. I like to keep mine in individual snack bags so they are grab and go ready for a quick snack. Plus, portion control so I don't eat them all. Because if they weren't cut up, I'd probably eat half the tray in one sitting. 


uh oh, someone took one!


No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars (from Cookies & Cups)

1 cup peanut butter (smooth works best here, but chunky would be just fine too!)
1/2 cup honey
3 cups old fashioned oats (not the quick cooking kind!)


Line a 9x9 pan with foil and lightly spray with non-cooking spray 

Place the peanut butter and honey in a pan on the stove (or in a microwave proof bowl if you want to do this in the microwave) and melt until smooth. Then stir in the oats until combined.

Press the oat mixture into the prepared pan and place int eh fridge until set. Enjoy!




It doesn't get more delicious than three ingredients!


No comments:

Post a Comment