Friday, March 28, 2014

Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Thighs

This is one of the hands down, best crock pot recipes I have ever tried. No joke. My mom told me how much she loved it and if she loved it, I knew I would too. There isn't to much that she likes that I don't like. Well, besides cucumbers and watermelon. Those are the worst. The smell. The taste. Oh man, don't get me started.

Let's keep this short and simple - this crock pot recipe couldn't be easier to throw together. Just a few dry seasonings, chicken thighs, garlic and the all important balsamic vinegar. I know you are probably thinking - vinegar in the crock pot for hours? I thought the same thing too and was completely worried that either the vinegar would burn or reduce down so much that it would be way too sticky. And trust me, no one wants burnt vinegar. That's gross. Not to fear though, the vinegar did burn or get sticky! In fact, the vinegar, along with the chicken juices and condensation from the lid created this slightly tangy and sweet sauce that was out of this world delicious. That punch of flavor you usually get with any kind of vinegar was completely softened down and just perfect with the spices and the chicken. With some rice and veggies, you have the perfect complete meal. This is a must make!

All ready to go and slow cook!
 
look at all that rich sauce!
 
dinner is served

Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Thighs (Sugar Free Mom)

1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
 
Combine the first five dry spices in a small bowl and spread over chicken on both sides. Set aside. Pour olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top and pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for six hours, or until done. Serve and enjoy!
 
 
So easy. So delicious. So simple.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I have this in the crock pot for dinner tonight! Thanks Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! I hope you and the family enjoy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this recipe, it was a keeper. We will do it again, especially now that B-B has a new over the top slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete