Thursday, April 16, 2015

Where Have You Been Lately?

Well, what can I say - I have been MIA since the end of November with not even a blog post in sight. You all have probably been wondering where the heck I ran off to or what has been going on in my life. I really should have posted something sooner to let you know I would be taking a few months off my blog, but life got so incredibly busy that I just never had the time. Oops. So, you want to know what has been keeping me away from blogging and sharing fabulous recipes with you? Here we go!

As many of you know, I am currently working full time and perusing my MBA in Finance. Working full time and going to school is definitely not easy, but taking three classes this semester (instead of two) is a whole other ball game. Let me tell you. I don't even know how I find time to try out new recipes, but of course, I do. My typical days goes something like this - up at 5:30am, study before I leave for work, work from 7am to 4:30pm then class 6-9pm and finally home, showered and in bed by 10pm. Repeat that three days a week. Holy moly! Not to mention I am the girl at work who spends a lot of her lunches working on homework or catching up on reading at her desk. Plus, weekends are typically booked with group projects on campus or working on other school related items. At least the groups I have been working with make projects fun, so it's not too terrible spending all of Sunday in the library. But see, I told you there wasn't much time for anything else. The good news is, the semester is over in three weeks and I will be back and blogging. My phone is full of fabulous photos and I can't wait to share some of the things I have been making. My groups this semester have been sampling all of these goodies - they are taste tested and approved! I know you will love them too.

Let's see. What else happened. Oh, some rather sad news, but it's another reason why I have been kind of MIA. At the end of September, my first ever dog passed away, Lucy. Last February, Ryan and I adopted an older black lab mix from the local SPCA. Even though she ate parts of the house (boy oh boy did she have separation anxiety) we worked though it all and she was such an amazing girl. Lucy loved to play ball (especially with soccer balls, although she would end up popping them after a throw or two), swim until she was exhausted and of course, chasing squirrels and always be around you. She was the sweetest dog you'd ever meet and she loved everyone! Sadly, five months after we adopted her, she was diagnosed with bone cancer. Due to the speed in which her cancer was progressing, there wasn't much we could do other than spend another few weeks with her and keep her as comfortable as possible. Those next few weeks weren't easy and boy was it hard to let her go (I never knew how much you could fall in love with a dog in such a short period of time), but it was the best thing we could do for her. Lucy is no longer in pain and she is now in a place where she can run free and always look after us. She will always have a very special place in our hearts and we think about her often. We love you Lucy girl!

Okay, enough sad stuff. I promise, there is no more of that in this post - promise! Ryan and I are continuing to work on our house (it's a never ending project with our busy schedules), but something BIG happened in early February of this year. WE ARE GETTING MARRIED! I know that some of you know this story, but for those that don't, hold on tight. Let me tell you what happened. Seven years ago, Ryan attempted to fly me to Boonville for a romantic lunch. Not more than 10 minutes up in the air did I get sick all over. Like missed the bag and got it all over me. Not romantic. I kinda forgot to tell him I have a little motion sick issue. Oops. Seven years later, he tried to take me to Boonville again and this time, I made it! And even better, I got a sparkly surprise when we landed. I had no idea this was even coming, despite one of my coworkers having a feeling it might happen. I was just glad I landed and did not get sick! Since that day, we have been wedding planning like crazy. Between working all day and school all night, it doesn't leave much time to book DJ's, rentals or find a caterer. We've picked our place and date and October 17th can't come fast enough. Especially now that I've found the dress. Yes, yes, I said "yes to the dress!".

So, that about covers it all. Work, school, and wedding planning. Life for this girl has always been a little crazy, but this year, it's a lot more so. One more year until graduation. Six months until I'm married. A lifetime full of laughter, love and friendship ahead. Thank you to everyone that has supported me though all the ups and downs these last six months have brought me. I could not have made it through everything with out my friends, family and most importantly, my fiance (I can't believe I get to call him that now!!).

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment