Monday, April 9, 2012

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

Some of you may or may not know that this past Friday was my birthday. This old lady officially turned 27! I can't believe I am only a few more years away until the big 3-0. When I was in high school, 30 seemed so far away and I always thought I'd be married and have my first kid by then. Crazy to think that it's only three years away and it could possibly happen. Scary! Well, not really. But kinda. Married and kids? Yikes. I am getting ahead of my self though. Slow the roll Christina!

Enough of that talk, let's get to the celebration! Let me be the first to say that I had a fantastic day and weekend. My sister came home for my birthday and Easter so we had a super fun sister day on Friday - we went out to breakfast, we went shopping (and I tried on some horrible, but totally awesome leopard heels), we got pedicures, made lunch together and then met up with my parents for a birthday dinner at this kinda sorta new Mexican place in town. I've been wanting to try it out for awhile, and they said it was killer, so we went. Boy were they right. It was SO good. Once dinner was over, I made the drive out to watch the captain at his indoor soccer game - they didn't win, but he scored a goal for me. Woo! On the way back home, I decided to meet up with one of my girlfriends and some other friends out at one of the local bars for a celebratory birthday drink. I ended up staying out much later than I planned, but it was fun to act young again. The whole staying out until 2am and then my body naturally waking up at 6am was not cool! I was a wee bit tired the next day. Some may even say I was a little (or a lot) cranky. Whoops.

my sis took me out to a birthday breakfast - we shared eggs with bacon, green chilies and cream cheese. sounds weird, but it's SO good.

guess we didn't like it

don't worry, I didn't buy these. they were just fun to try on. I was like 6'5 with these babies on.

Pedicure!

sister also bought me this funfetti cupcake from one of my favorite cupcake places in town. She said these were better than Sprinkles. whoa.

we also made lunch together - skinny coconut shrimp and toasted sesame snow peas.

my mom made me a quilt for my birthday!!

Oh, we are not done yet! Hold on tight, we still got more to go! The next day the birthday celebration continued. Ryan came over and surprised me with a birthday cheesecake. He seriously makes the best cheesecake ever. Last year he made me a white chocolate cheesecake for my birthday. Talk about heaven in your mouth. This year, he surprised me with an orange cheesecake. It was light, fluffy and sprinkled with orange zest. So yummy. There was so much left over (us two barely put a dent in it), so I froze a few slices for another day and brought the rest to work. As much as I wanted to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next three days, I knew I had to share it so I wouldn't gain 20 pounds from that crazy deliciousness. Let's just say, that baby was gone in a hot second after I told me coworkers it was in the fridge. I should have known since it was so good. All of my co-workers said this was the best cheesecake they'd ever had! They even suggested that Ryan and I should go into business making and selling our desserts. Hmmm, what do you think captain?  We could deliver our goods via plane!

since it was still lent, my momma made a lent approved bday dessert - tropical upside down pineapple cake. YUM!

can't wait to try out some of the recipes in this book - thanks Andrea!

side note - my sister brought me bear poop from her recent trip to Yosemite. Who knew bear poop was white. Haha.
my friend Lauren made me these totally awesome flavored salts! What a fabulous idea. Can't wait to use them!

my boyfriend is awesome. just saying.

ORANGEY DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE. Look at that thick later of cheeeeesecakkkeeeee.

my mom made this fruit tart for Easter dessert. So yummy. Maybe she'll share the recipe with me someday

we got to finally dye eggs! my mom never let us to do this when we were kids - too messy. Or so she says. Mine was the pink one with glitter!


Wow, that was a lot of pictures.

 
From my birthday to Easter celebrations, I must say, this weekend was pretty darn good. I guess 27 won't be so bad after all!





No comments:

Post a Comment